Meyer & Depew offers custom Air Conditioner covers for use in the winter. These air conditioner covers are custom fit to your specific condenser. Their high quality vinyl construction resists mold and mildew, as well as eliminates condensation build-up. In addition, the covers are designed to be easy to put on and take off and easy to keep clean. (more…)
What happens when there is a power failure at your home? Does your basement flood without power to your sump pump? Does food spoil in your refrigerator or freezer? Do you feel disconnected not being able to watch the news on TV or charge your mobile electronics?
Honeywell whole-house natural gas-fired generators turn on automatically when the power goes off and turn off automatically when the power comes back on.
You don’t need to be home and you don’t need to run extension cords all over your house or stand in line to buy gasoline.
Learn more here on how to keep the power on!
Meyer & Depew will be with our favorite radio station, NJ 101.5 this Saturday and Sunday in Readington, NJ. We will be there from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM both days, so be sure to come find our tent and say hi! We will be offering special coupons, some Meyer & Depew merchandise, and even a special contest where you’ll have the chance to win an awesome prize – BUT, you’ll have to show up to find out what the prize is! See you there! For more info, check out the Festival of Ballooning Website HERE.
Six Summer Keep Cool Tips
During the summer heat, it is important to take advantage of any tips or tricks that can keep the inside of your home as cool as possible. The less you use your air conditioner to cool your home, the less money you will spend on your utility bills. In addition, it will help extend the life of your air conditioning system. (more…)
We have been getting some great entries so far, and will be posting up some of the entries on Facebook this week, so stay tuned! As a reminder, the rules for the contest are below:
If you manage to get a picture with a Meyer & Depew employee or vehicle, it will count as TEN entries (No Photoshopping either)! All other pictures will count as one entry. So, get creative and send us your selfies. To submit your picture, either post it up on our Facebook wall (found here), tweet it with #MDSelfieContest, or email it to email@example.com.
An entry will be randomly selected on June 13th, so get your submissions in now. We will post entries on our Facebook page, so be sure to follow the fun there!
Win 10 Tickets to See Somerset Patriots Baseball with the Meyer & Depew Selfie Contest!
Many of you have seen our latest television commercial, entitled, “Selfie.” If you haven’t, check it out below:
We have gotten so much great feedback on the commercial that we wanted to get everyone in on the fun! So, we want YOU to submit your best “selfie” to us. The winner will receive 10 tickets to see a Somerset Patriots baseball game on June 21st so they can enjoy the game with all their friends! If you manage to get a picture with a Meyer & Depew employee or vehicle, it will count as TEN entries (No Photoshopping either)! All other pictures will count as one entry. So, get creative and send us your selfies. To submit your picture, either post it up on our Facebook wall (found here), tweet it with #MDSelfieContest, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. An entry will be randomly selected on June 13th, so get your submissions in now. We will post entries on our Facebook page, so be sure to follow the fun there!
- Never lose power again – We all know the feeling of helplessness when the power goes out. With a whole home generator, you’ll never have to worry about that feeling again. You’ll have peace of mind, knowing your heat will stay on, your refrigerator will be cold, and any medical equipment won’t shut down.
- No more spoiled food – Once your refrigerator loses power, it’s only a matter of time before the inside reaches room temperature. Once that happens, your food will quickly begin to go bad and become rotten. Throwing all of that food out could wind up costing you hundreds of dollars! With a Honeywell home generator, you won’t have to worry about spoiled food anymore!
- Solutions customized to your needs – For those that rely on powered medical equipment, a power outage could become a life or death situation. If this is true for you or a family member, a home generator is a must. Meyer & Depew offers Honeywell home generators in multiple sizes – you can choose to only keep on the necessities, or keep everything powered.
- Fully automatic – After Storm Sandy, many clients who previously relied on small portable generators decided to upgrade to a whole house generator. While portable generators have their benefits, they also suffer from many shortcomings. With a portable generator, once you know a storm is coming, you have to spend time setting the generator up, connecting everything, and running extension cords. In the event of a flash storm or if you aren’t home – you’ll be unprotected or have to set everything up in the storm. Our generators come with an automatic transfer switch, so you don’t have to worry. When the power goes out, the generator comes on and when the power is restored it shuts back down.
- Quieter – A Honeywell standby generator can be up to 20 decibels quieter than a portable generator.
- No waiting in line for gas – Whenever bad weather is expected, you can expect to see long lines at the gas station. If you rely on a portable generator, chances are you’ve had to stand in line waiting to fill up a red gas can multiple times. All those hours could have been spent relaxing at home instead of in line!
For more info on Honeywell backup generators for your NJ home, visit our website here.
Which Honeywell generator is best for you?
We know you are busy, so to make things easy, Meyer & Depew offers free in home consultations so you can find out exactly what backup generator would be best for you. Just Click Here or call us at 908-272-2100 to set up your free consultation.
Meyer & Depew will be exhibiting this Sunday, May 4th at the Cranford Street Fair. We will be there from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, so be sure to come find our tent and say hi! We will be offering special coupons, some Meyer & Depew merchandise, and even a special contest where you’ll have the chance to win an awesome prize – BUT, you’ll have to show up to find out what the prize is! See you there!
Meyer & Depew just released our second commercial! We wanted to include a little humor, so we hope you get a chuckle out of it. Also, we remind everyone to get their air conditioner tune-up ASAP, especially because the warm weather is near, and our appointments are filling up quickly. We hope you enjoy the commercial as much as the rest of the Meyer & Depew family does. Be sure to share with your friends and stay tuned for more!
Every summer, when the first hot day hits, we are inevitably flooded with calls from homeowners who turned on their air conditioner, only to find out that the system would not start up. We understand the stress and frustration that comes with this experience. Furthermore, many homeowners in this situation must then also decide whether to repair the broken system or invest in a new system. We wanted to give our clients a short guide so if they are faced with the “Repair or Replace” question, their decision is a little easier.
Air conditioning system repair is usually the less expensive option, however, it is possible for some repairs to cost just as much as an air conditioning system replacement. For older air conditioners, the decision is whether you want to put money into a failing piece of equipment, or invest in a new, more efficient system with a warranty that you don’t have to worry about.
Below are some general rules for when it’s time to replace from EnergyStar.gov:
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old
This is the normal life expectancy for heating & air conditioning equipment. After this time, repairs generally don’t make sense when compared to the cost of a new system. In addition, upgrading to a newer, more efficient system can save significant money on your utility bills.
- Your air conditioner needs frequent repairs and energy bills are going up
These are the tell-tale signs that it’s time to invest in a new cooling system that can provide a higher, more stable level of comfort as well as reduced energy bills.
A modern system with a programmable thermostat can keep your energy bills low, while still ensuring you are comfortable while you are home.
- You experience humidity issues or problems with excessive dust
Older equipment and leaky ducts can cause these problems – Meyer & Depew can install new cooling equipment as well as offer solutions for humidity and indoor air quality issues.
Not sure if you need a replacement?
At Meyer & Depew, we offer free, no obligation, in-home consultations. If you aren’t sure if you would benefit from a new cooling system, Click Here or call us at 908-272-2100 to schedule an appointment today.