How to Keep Cool in the Summer
Six Summer Keep Cool Tips
During the summer heat, it is important to take advantage of any tips or tricks that can keep the inside of your home as cool as possible. The less you use your air conditioner to cool your home, the less money you will spend on your utility bills. In addition, it will help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
Today, we would like to share with you some of the best ways to keep your home cool during the heat!
1. Make sure windows facing the sun are covered by blinds or drapes during the day. Studies have shown that medium-colored drapes with a white plastic backing can reduce heat gains up to 33%!
2. Shut down any electronics or lights that don’t need to be on. Electronic equipment, such as televisions, computers, video game consoles, etc. generate heat and forces your air conditioning system to work harder. Shutting off any equipment you don’t need will not only keep temperatures down, it will also save you money on your electric bills.
3. Limit the use of your oven or stove. Whenever possible, cook outdoors or use your microwave. Using an oven or stove can drastically increase the temperatures in your home.
4. Take a quick walk around your home. Make sure none of the registers on the floor or wall are blocked or obstructed at all. This could lead to inefficient system performance as well as decreased comfort.
5. If you are using a ceiling fan, make sure it is spinning counterclockwise. This will create a breeze in the room, helping you to feel cooler.
6. Have your air conditioner tuned up. Tune ups help your air conditioner run more efficiently, keeping you more comfortable, as well as saving money on your energy bills. Meyer & Depew can tune up your system and help keep your family cool – give us a call today at 908-272-2100 or Click Here to schedule an appointment today.
Still too warm?
At Meyer & Depew, we offer free in-home sales consultations. Click Here or call us at 908-272-2100 to schedule an appointment today.