Residential Service Plan Terms & Conditions
- Preferred Client Plan® offers a 15% discount off diagnostic and repair charges. PLUS scheduled routine maintenance.
- Assured Comfort Plan® covers labor and most frequently replaced parts when you have a problem with your covered equipment. PLUS scheduled routine maintenance.
- Service plans become effective only after inspection of equipment and systems by Meyer & Depew Co. All equipment must be brought up to standard before being accepted for a service plan. Advance payment does not make a plan become
- Monthly service plans are perpetual and remain in effect as long as regular payments are made; subject to acceptance by Meyer & Depew Co.
- Service plans are transferrable to new owner at seller of property’s option or voided at request. but no amount is refundable.
- Meyer & Depew Co.’s responsibility under a service plan will automatically cease if service or any parts or equipment covered by the plan is procured from another source or if client’s account is past due.
- Priority Service- our plan agreement clients receive priority scheduling ahead of non-agreement clients. Most calls are answered within 24 hours. However, longer response time can be encountered during peak periods. Meyer & Depew Co. makes no guarantee of any specific response time.
- To help hold down the price of our plans by eliminating unnecessary service calls, our clients are expected to: make sure the thermostat or humidistat is properly set and check all switches including circuit breakers or fuses. Clients are also expected to monitor the condition of all filters (heating. cooling, humidifier, air cleaner, etc.). We will clean/ replace these filters as needed during our maintenance service. Some filters are replaced at an additional cost.
- Replacement of the entire unit or any of the following systems and devices are not covered under either plan: electrical serv1ce from breaker to unit, condensing coils. flues, duct systems. evaporator coils, radiators, gas and water leaks. registers and grilles, refrigerant leak tests and leak repairs and heating system piping other than near boiler piping.
- The following items are not covered under either plan: compressors. heat exchangers. burners, refrigerant recovery or filters (other than 1” disposable filters). If heat exchanger or compressor is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty then labor and materials for a replacement heat exchanger or compressor are included
- The following items are not covered under either plan unless separate coverage is purchased for them: humidifiers. electronic air cleaners and other accessories not an integral part of the air conditioner or furnace.
- Parts and labor not covered under a service plan will be billed at prevailing rates.
- Calls to replace dirty filters and to balance heat and/or cooling to individual rooms, air bleeding of hot water radiator systems and repairs to radiators themselves will be considered billable calls.
- The plans do not cover non-maintenance work or acts of God such as: work required because of lightning, explosion, flood, freezing or breaking of pipes. Sabotage or shortage of electrical, gas or water supply, electrical work beyond the units, cleaning of ducts, painting, moving of equipment or correction of installation or design deficiencies, or expense caused by improper operation, negligence or misuse of the equipment or damage from any cause that is external or that does not arise solely and directly out of the operation of the equipment. If you request such service it will be charged to you at prevailing rates.
- Meyer & Depew Co. reserves the right to cancel any agreement without notice and refund the unused portion of the agreement.
- Client may cancel this service plan with Meyer & Depew Co. at any time for any reason. Client must notify us of cancellation by calling 908-272-2100. If plan is cancelled with the first 30 days of sign-up or renewal, and if no service or maintenance has been performed on the covered equipment, you will receive a full refund of all payments made on that plan. If you cancel after 30 days of enrollment or renewal period, without receiving any maintenance or repairs, you may request a pro-rata refund on the service plan price for the unexpired term. However, if a system maintenance or repair was performed, you will be billed for the remaining balance of the 12-month annual plan price. If you cancel a plan the coverage may not be reinstated for a period of up to one year from the date of cancellation without Meyer & Depew Co. approval.
- Meyer & Depew Co. reserves the right to make all calls during regular working hours except for “No Heat” calls. “No Cool” calls must be made during daylight hours for safety reasons.
- Meyer & Depew Co. will endeavor to render prompt and efficient service, but it is expressly agreed that Meyer & Depew Co. shall in no event be liable for damage or loss caused by delay or any loss arising out of the performance of this agreement
- The obligation to furnish replacement parts is subject to availability through normal supply sources.
- Annual tune-ups may be scheduled at any time during the service plan year. Through a regular program of postcard reminders and follow-up phone calls, Meyer & Depew Co. will make every attempt to schedule the tune-up· however, the responsibility is shared with the client who must make the unit accessible to be worked on during normal working hours.
- The Loyalty Rewards Equipment Replacement Program gives each client with a Preferred Client®? or Assured Comfort®? Plan $50 for each consecutive year that a plan is in place towards the purchase of a replacement furnace, heat pump, air handler, or condensing unit up to a maximum of $500. It cannot be used for repairs. installation of accessories or any other purchases or to pay any outstanding balance to Meyer & Depew Co.
- The Loyalty Rewards allowance is not transferrable and cannot be paid in any form in lieu of purchase.
- The equipment being replaced must have been covered under a current service plan with Meyer & Depew Co.
- Meyer & Depew Co. reserves the right to modify this program including termination without prior notice. In the event of program termination all earned rewards will be available for use by our clients for a period of one year following program termination.
- Plus Plan Option with Sensi Predict® monitoring includes third-party monitoring of enrolled comfort systems. Critical system alerts are sent to both the client and Meyer & Depew Co. Meyer & Depew Co. does not monitor these alerts outside of normal
business hours. Response to alerts is at homeowner’s option and Meyer & Depew Co. makes no representation that it will automatically respond to alerts or reported problems without contact from the client.
- Monitoring under the Plus Plan Option with Sensi Predict® only remains in effect while a Planned Service Agreement is in effect with Meyer & Depew Co. The initial up front cost for Sensi Predict® is non-refundable.
- Plus Plan Option clients receive single annual maintenance vis1t during which heating and/or cooling systems are serviced